The meeting is at 7 p.m. at the Historic Canton High School school board auditorium in downtown Canton, following a work session at 6 p.m.
The changes would require dual-enrolled students seeking valedictorian or salutatorian status to attend at least two classes per semester on the high school campus or online their junior and senior year.
A proposal to allow the district to waive class size restrictions for the upcoming school year as needed will also be considered.
The board also will consider approval of personnel recommendations including the shuffling of many assistant principals and the appointment of a new district director of public information, partnerships and communications.
Superintendent of Schools Dr. Frank Petruzielo has recommended Barbara P. Jacoby, managing editor of the Cherokee Tribune, for the position. Her start date is May 16.
"The past 13 years at the Tribune have been a wonderful experience, and I appreciate the trust the publisher, staff and community placed in me," Mrs. Jacoby said. "I know the Tribune will continue its legacy of award-winning coverage of the people, places and events of Cherokee County."
The board also will consider the following agenda items:
* Recognition of the 2011 Governor's Honors Finalists;
* Recognition of the 2010-11 elementary, middle and high school social studies fair winners;
* Recognition of region and state champions;
* Recognition of Chuck Wilson, Woodstock High School Athletic Director;
* Recognition of Matt Bartula, Sequoyah High School Debate Team Coach;
* Recognition of schools for participation in Parental Awareness for Safe Schools Program;
* Recognition of Crossroads Middle/High School as "Master Community" for continued participation in PASS Program;
* Approval of modifications to school board harassment policy language;
* Approval of the February 2011 financial report and sales tax update;
* Approval to select the bond underwriter and financial advisor and authorization to select bond counsel;
* Approval of out-of-state travel;
* Approval of out-of-state and overnight field trips; and
* Approval of update on capital outlay projects.
During its work session, the board will hear a legislative session update, review plans for the Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax renewal and capital outlay project priorities and hear a status report on the ad hoc district designation committee.