The meeting will begin at 6 p.m. at City Hall.
Canton is the latest city to consider Sunday sales. The cities of Woodstock, Ball Ground and Holly Springs have all moved forward in calling for referendums.
Canton’s referendum would ask residents to vote in the November election if they would like to allow retail Sunday sales of beer and wine in the city limits between 12:30 p.m. and 11:30 p.m.
The council will also consider awarding bids for the Hickory Flat Highway and Waleska Street road improvements.
Staff is recommending the city award a bid to JHC for the Hickory Flat improvements for $850,000 and to Georgia Development Partners for the Waleska Street improvements for $1.54 million.
The federal government will match 80 percent of both projects and the remaining 20 percent will be matched with local dollars.
Other items on the agenda include:
* A public hearing on the proposed Technology Ridge Urban Redevelopment Plan and Opportunity Zone application to the Georgia Department of Community Affairs;
* A request to transfer outlet manager of RaceTrac at 4125 Marietta Highway to Charles Pittman of Towne Lake;
* Consider approval of Mayor Gene Hobgood signing a letter of intent to participate in the Community Development Block Grant with Cherokee County;
* Consider approval of a watershed protection plan;
* Consider approval of the second reading of a request from RaceTrac to annex 0.922 acres of land at 4125 Marietta Highway and rezone 1.17 acres of land at the same location from general commercial in Cherokee County to general commercial in the city for planned upgrades at the facility;
* Consider approval of appointing Deborah Fincher to the Cherokee County Library Board of Trustees;
* Consider approval of a resolution to adopt the Technology Ridge Urban Redevelopment Plan and Opportunity Zone plan;
* Consider approval of a resolution endorsing the CDBG application and project list, which includes improvements to Boling Park and Juniper Street;
* Consider approval of the second reading of an ordinance creating boating regulations;
* Consider approval of a second reading of an ordinance codifying the Hickory Log Creek Reservoir buffer regulations;
* Consider approval of a second reading to adopt the Cherokee County pawn shop ordinance;
* Consider approval of a second reading amending the city’s alcohol code;
* Mayor Hobgood will discuss the possible relocation of the United States Postal Service and thank the county Board of Commissioners for offering to USPS to remain in the Jones Building rent-free after its lease expires in October;
* Consider approval of a resolution encouraging the Cherokee County Board of Education to keep its administrative offices in downtown Canton;
* Discuss legal fees pertaining to a mandatory Internal Revenue Services audit; and
* Consider approval of awarding a bid to Robillard and Associates to perform architect work on the planned building at the reservoir.