Fire Department spokesman Kyle Moore told KOMO Radio a man and woman in their 50s have been taken to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle with burns. One of them has life-threatening injuries and the other is serious.
Moore says the home appears to be a total loss. Firefighters are trying to protect two nearby homes from the flames.
Moore says it’s too soon to say if the explosion and fire are related to a natural gas leak that was reported Sunday in the neighborhood.
The fire is visible from Interstate 5.
Information from: KOMO-AM, http://www.komoradio.com/