City Manager Rob Logan said a lawyer on behalf of several property owners presented the project during the Planning and Zoning meeting July 26.
“The attorney who presented on their behalf said some of the properties have been on sale for years and years and had not had interest because of their (small) size,” Logan said. “I believe the goal is to combine them and do an assemblage to market the properties as a whole.”
Logan said the property owners intend to market their properties for sale as a potential development of a shopping center.
There are 10 parcels in all, with all of them requiring rezoning to general commercial use and a conditional use permit. Four of the parcels also need to be annexed within the city of Holly Springs.
Also during the work session, the council is expected to:
* Discuss the Cherokee County Volunteer Aging Council “Support Our Seniors Day” proclamation;
* Discuss repairs at the 155 Hickory Road property;
* Discuss bids for guardrail replacements and repairs;
* Discuss considering Foresite Group as the design firm for Hickory Road Park; and
* Discuss a compensation agreement with Arthur J. Gallagher Risk Management Services, Inc.