* Occupation: Engineer
* Education: Bachelor of Science in electrical engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology
* Family: Single
* What do you think is the one most important issue facing the city and how do you plan to address it through your role on the City Council?
The city is growing quickly. Every effort should be made to retain the small town feel of Holly Springs while still bringing in some of the comforts and amenities that are seen in somewhat larger cities. I believe this can be achieved through proper zoning, permit approvals for potential businesses and appropriate allocation of taxpayer dollars.
* What makes you the most qualified person for the position that you are seeking?
I have been a resident of the county for my entire life and I have grown up with many of the young families and young professionals that make up a large portion of the Holly Springs community. I am passionate about building a community for people to grow and one day raise my own children. I believe this makes me an excellent choice to leader for the city of Holly Springs.
* Do you support the type of development, including the Walmart set to open within Holly Springs in the next two years, that the city is moving toward? Why or why not?
I have mixed feelings about the new Walmart and similar developments. I am happy to see a company bring so many jobs to the area and a number of additional retail spaces for other businesses. However, there are already a number of retail spaces that need to be filled and this will create more of those spaces to fill. We still need to work on attracting small businesses to the area, which may be difficult given the diverse merchandise offerings from Walmart. This Walmart will also have a grocery store and there are already two grocery stores at this exit. I fear this may saturate the market too much.
* Holly Springs is a growing area. As the demand for services increases, how do you propose to keep taxes down?
As growth increases, so will revenue from taxes. It will take a fiscally responsible and effective administration to ensure that this revenue is correctly allocated.