Authorities say the fire broke out Saturday night at a San Antonio heating and air conditioning business where the highway-drivable vehicle was having some work done.
Owner Don Rackler says some type of electrical short in the sleigh’s lighting system apparently started the fire.
KENS-TV reported Monday that the bright red sleigh is the size of a truck and is street legal. Rackler uses it to help several nonprofit groups in fundraising efforts.
Rackler is working on fixing the sleigh in time for the holidays.
___ Information from: KENS-TV.