The meeting will be at the Chambers, located at 8534 Main Street in Woodstock.
If approved by council, the revised contract would extend Moon’s contract until Dec. 31, 2015.
Another portion of Moon’s contract agreement is amended from preventing Moon from “engage(ing) in the provision of management or administration services for city or county government within a 100 mile radius of the city to “within Cherokee County.”
The council also will hear the second and final reading for the annexation and rezoning application for Merrill Gardens and a clarification on the Brock Built Homes LLC request to rezone the Oakhurst neighborhood.
The applicant requesting to annex 5.77 acres and rezone 8.03 acres for Merrill Gardens, a senior care facility slated for 12590 Highway 92, is also requesting an additional consideration to change a condition of the zoning to relocate the gate from the northwest corner to the southeast corner.
The first reading for Merrill Gardens was
Feb. 25 but a second and final reading was made necessary due to an advertising timing constraint.
For Oakhurst, city staff is looking for clarification of the total number of units approved and the corrected date of the site plan for the neighborhood off Neese Road.
In other business, the council will:
* Consider a temporary alcohol license for Wing & Rock Fest 2013 for May 30 to June 2;
* Hear the second reading of environment ordinance revisions;
* Discuss 2013 summer concert series contracts with RCS Productions;
* Respond to an employee appeal;
* Present a plaque to Northside Hospital-Cherokee for sponsoring the city’s summer concert series; and
* Present plaques to city employees celebrating 20 years of employment with the city. Trees will also be planted this spring in honor of Capt. Jackie Byers with the fire department, Jeff Dupree of the public works department and Larry Thomas, waste water treatment plant supervisor.
Ed. Note: The original version of this article stated City Manager Jeff Moon was receiving an increase in salary. Moon's change in contract is an extension only.