Police offer reward in Play N Trade investigation
by Michelle Babcock
October 04, 2013 02:07 PM | 3806 views | 0 0 comments | 29 29 recommendations | email to a friend | print
WOODSTOCK — A reward of up to $10,000 is now being offered and police are asking for the public’s help to identify three suspects who may have fled the scene of what police say was an armed robbery and arson at the Play N Trade video game store in Woodstock on Sunday.

Authorities believe three white men in a late-model blue Chevrolet SUV may have fled the scene of the suspected armed robbery and fire at the video store on Eagle Drive.

Woodstock Police spokeswoman Brittany Duncan said Friday investigators compiled descriptions of the suspects “primarily from victims’ statements.”

The first suspect is a white man, believed to be 40 to 50 years old, with a medium to large build and a full beard. The second suspect is a white man, about 16 to 22 years old, with a medium build and brown hair, and the third suspect is only described as a white man.

Duncan said authorities are offering a reward of up to $10,000 for any information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the people responsible in the incident.

“We’re hoping that prompts someone with knowledge to come forward,” Duncan said.

The individuals involved are believed to be local and may still be in the area, according to investigators.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Georgia Arson HOTLINE at 1 (800) 282-5804, or Crime Stoppers at (404) 577-TIPS. Callers can remain anonymous, according to authorities.

Last Sunday, Woodstock Police and Fire departments responded to the Play N Trade store in reference to a suspected armed robbery and business structure fire.

According to statements made to police by store employees, a man entered the store with a gun and held the employees in the back of the store. Cash and merchandise was taken from the business, according to reports.

Employees were released and told to run away from the store, before a fire started in the business.

Troy Brazelton, the store owner, was taken to an area hospital with second- and third-degree burns, and has undergone surgery related to his injuries this week, according to Facebook posts made by his daughter.

“He will still be in a lot of pain for about a week,” Elizabeth Brazelton wrote on Facebook on Tuesday. “We are praying for a speedy recovery and would like to thank everyone for the kind words and prayers.”

Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet
*We welcome your comments on the stories and issues of the day and seek to provide a forum for the community to voice opinions. All comments are subject to moderator approval before being made visible on the website but are not edited. The use of profanity, obscene and vulgar language, hate speech, and racial slurs is strictly prohibited. Advertisements, promotions, spam, and links to outside websites will also be rejected. Please read our terms of service for full guides